- Molecular transport junctions: two-probe transport analysis of single and molecular films.
- Semiconductor device modeling: channel transmission, leakage currents etc.
- Magnetic tunnel junctions: things like Fe/MgO/Fe, Ni/molecule/Ni, etc.
- Spin injection: spin polarized transport through interfaces between ferromagnetic and non-magnetic materials.
- Transport in carbon nanostructures: nanotubes, fullerenes, graphene, etc.
- Transport in thin films: transport in z, periodic in x, finite width in y.
- Nanowires: transport properties of semiconducting and metallic nanowires.
- Metal contacts: transmission analysis of metal-metal contacts and interfaces.
- Transport analysis of molecular nanostructures on surfaces.
- Bandstructure calculations for periodic systems.
- Eigenstates and eigenvalues for finite systems.
- Define your own problems: using NEGF, H, S and other outputs from NADCAL for new formula and problems.